Firearms Training For Women, By Women!
Chunky Monkey: Concealed Carry Fundamentals for Women – Book Your class NOW!
Ladies, with Gray Lady Self Defense you get women’s pistol training, by women. Take your firearms skills to the next level. Master your grip, draw, trigger control and fast sight acquisition.
“Chunky Monkey”? What’s a “Chunky Monkey”? A proven teaching method. Students build speed and accuracy through efficiency of motion and purposeful, repetitive practice. I developed and delivered this class to many women in the Summerville-Charleston area over the last two years. It works for WOMEN! It’s proven that women learn differently than men. At Gray Lady Self Defense you will experience a learning environment designed for how women learn.
Because all skills are perishable if not practiced, you will learn some proven practice methods to take your self defense and pistol handling skills to the next level. We will practice simple dry fire techniques you can use at home to improve your skills to a level of automaticity that enables you to perform under pressure.
We will also cover various concealed carry options for women such as holsters, corsets, belly-bands and purse carry.
NOTE: This is NOT a basic pistol class and a Concealed Carry Permit (CWP) is NOT required to take this class.
- Preferably my Introduction to Firearms and Shooting Class, Or
- Completed the NRA Basic Pistol course or equivalent, including the shooting qualification, Or
- You consider your gun handling skills to be beyond a ‘beginner’ and can demonstrate the four safety rules.
Even if you’ve been shooting for years, there’s always something new to learn.
This skills learned in this class will help prepare you to pass the SC Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) course firearms qualification phase. Many don’t know that a CWP course is NOT training. Yes, you become familiar with SC laws regarding Concealed Carry and use of firearms, but it will NOT teach you firearms handling skills or how to shoot. The shooting portion of a CWP course is ‘qualification‘, not training. BUT, even if your goal is not a CWP this class will seriously improve your gun handling skills, accuracy and defensive mindset to defend yourself and loved ones.
This is a 6-7 hour class. There are NO live firearms for this class. We use laser training systems to measure your performance of each skill learned. This system is a very effective teaching and learning tool! If you are serious about improving your skills, this women’s firearms training is for YOU! The best part is you don’t need hundreds of rounds of expensive, hard to find ammunition to improve your skills. You will take home simple dry fire techniques that you can use to continue improving your skills to the next level. More importantly, you will enjoy (yes, we have fun too) a firearm training environment designed for women.
- Discuss training tools, dry fire drills and practice tips. Review the multitude of concealed carry gear (holsters, corsets, bellybands, purses) and review the advantages and disadvantages of each. Then, the real work.
- Module 1: Master your grip
- Module 2: Master your holster draw and presentation to target
- LUNCH BREAK
- Module 3: Master trigger control
- Module 4: Master fast sight acquisition
What to bring:
– Your phone (you’ll want pictures, trust me!)
– Comfortable clothing and footwear, a shirt or top that is not too clingy (it needs to conceal a firearm, and not stick to it)
– Notepad and pencil/pen
– A positive attitude!
Course Fee: $120
Please note: Registering for a class certifies that you have read and understand our Refund and Cancellation Policy
NOTE: Clicking the below button takes you to our class registration service. The page lists all currently scheduled classes. Choose your desired class (“Session”) and date then add to cart.